Image via Wikipedia
A few days ago, one of my blogulars over on my “Why I think Chicago Sucks” post asked if I would do a special section.
Lost In Chicago Says:
Do you think you could create a topic on this blog dedicated to silly little and large things that are annoying and suck? A list of little things that simply do not make any sense yet exist in Chicago and NOBODY EVER COMPLAINS.
I told him I would give it a shot and this is what I’ve come up with. Mostly I’m just copying what he suggested.
Don’t forget, I also have my Anti-Chicago page where you can find links to all of my Chicago posts.
So here it is, a post for you to comment on all those annoyances about life in Chicagoland. And let me be clear here. This is a post EXPRESSLY for those things that annoy people in Chicagoland who have to deal with them. Any people who come here and think they need to “defend Chicago” or “just feel like arguing” will be summarily deleted. No exceptions. If you don’t think Chicago Sucks, DO NOT COMMENT. This is not a public forum, it is MY forum and those are my rules. Clear? Good!
To get things started, Lost had a couple of suggestions:
- Chicago L-train cars have doors opening to the inside instead to the sides so they take the available space away and you can actually get hit by them
- L-train cars lack a horizontal rail so there is nothing you can easily hold on to it while standing during rush-hour
- Chicago employs people to direct the traffic at busy intersections in addition to working traffic lights, for some reason it is always a pair of city workers and they are poorly trained so they seem to create more havoc.
- Chicago’s Metra stations do not have ticket machines so there are long lines to available manned ticket windows. Metra by the way does not accept credit cards as a form of payment, they do accept checks though…
And Darcknyt followed up with a few of his own:
- How ’bout bus lines that don’t go anywhere you need to go at any time you need to go? (More true in the ‘burbs, I guess, but still annoying.) Metra not taking credit cards is a BIG one. How ’bout trains with a schedule that are NEVER ON TIME?? (I’ve been riding since March and have not ONCE been picked up at the scheduled time.)
- How ’bout cabbies that are willing to run down pedestrians so they can get to a curb where NO ONE is waiting for a cab?? WTF?? And blow by a cop standing in the street directing traffic to do so!
- Or people ignoring yellow lights and again endangering pedestrians? Don’t pedestrians have the right-of-way in ALL situations?? How ’bout enforcing some of this sh*t??
- How about giving CABBIES tickets for driving like assh*les, speeding and recklessly operating their vehicles?
Bookmark this page, so any time one of those irritating things bugs you and you need to rant, you can hop online and tell us about it. Ready? Set? Comment!